Woodward’s Disposal Service, Inc. was founded in 1933 by Arlo Woodward. Arlo started this company with one truck and a lot of hard work. Woodward’s has always been a family business as Arlo’s wife, three sons and a daughter; all had jobs in the company. As the business started to grow, so did the number of trucks and employees. By 1966, Woodward’s Disposal Service had outgrown its original facility on East 2nd Street and relocated to its present location at 1039 S. Burlington. Presently, Woodward’s Disposal Service is in its 80th year of operation and has seen four generations of the Woodward family work there. Woodward’s Disposal Service serves 9 counties in a 100 mile radius in south central Nebraska operating a fleet of 30 vehicles, employing 32 people, and utilizing three separate facilities.
It is our mission at Woodward’s Disposal Service to be an honest, straightforward company, faithful to our customers and faithful to our employees. It is also our goal to be the solid waste and recycling leader in our area. To provide for all our customers efficient, reliable service that is convenient and affordable.
We believe that our employees are our greatest asset and we are dedicated to the principal of carrying all relations with our employees in good faith. This guarantee of fair treatment is extended to each employee and forms a ground rule for our method of operation. We believe in working together in an atmosphere of mutual trust and understanding, and we are convinced that by honoring the dignity and worth of an individual, as well as recognizing his/her contribution to our overall effort, Woodward’s Disposal Service will continue to be a satisfying and profitable place to work.
1039 South Burlington Avenue
Hastings, Nebraska 68901